- Cut corn from cob and combine corn and corn cob in saucepan with milk, thyme, and cream.
- Heat over medium heat to simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let steep 1–2 hours.
- Remove the cobs and thyme and discard into trash.
- Blend corn and milk in a blender well until smooth.
- Return the corn cream to saucepan and simmer again.
- In a large bowl, whisk vigorously together sugar and yolks, until fluffy and light.
- While whisking, slowly add hot milk mixture to eggs.
- Once all milk has been beaten into the eggs, pour the mixture back into the saucepan and return to medium heat, cook until slightly thickened stirring constantly.
- The mixture should be thick enough to resemble sauce or very thick maple syrup consistency.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer and chill overnight. Freeze or churn in ice cream maker or follow your ice cream maker’s manufacturer’s directions.
- Fold in a few thyme leaves toward the end of churning cycle.
- Place in freezer until ready to use.
Share this Recipe