- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups watercress
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 oz aged Wisconsin Cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 cups cold prepared risotto
- 5 oz aged Wisconsin Cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Canola oil
- watercress for garnish
- aged Wisconsin Cheddar cheese for garnish
- Pesto: Place pine nuts, garlic, and salt in a food processor; cover and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add watercress; cover and process until a paste forms.
- While processing, slowly drizzle in olive oil. Add Cheddar; cover and process until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Arancini: Gently combine cold risotto with 1 cup reserved pesto in a large bowl.
- Divide risotto mixture into 20 portions. Shape each portion around 1 tablespoon cheddar; roll each into a ball, sealing in the cheese.
- In three separate shallow bowls place flour, eggs, and bread crumbs.
- Dredge each ball in flour; gently shaking to remove excess flour.
- Dip in eggs and roll in bread crumbs to coat. In a deep-fat fryer or heavy Dutch oven, heat 3-inches canola oil over medium heat to 375 degrees.
- Fry balls in oil, in batches for 1–2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Garnish with remaining pesto, watercress, and Cheddar. Serve immediately.
Share this Recipe