Recipe and photo courtesy of the Wisconsin Beef Council.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1-1/2 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 (1-1/2 lbs) beef flank steak
- Salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, olive oil, basil leaves, mustard, garlic, and sugar to make marinade.
- Place beef flank steak and marinade in a food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat.
- Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator for 6–12 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Grill steak for 16–21 minutes, to desired doneness (130–135 degrees for medium rare and 140–145 degrees for medium doneness), turning occasionally.
- Season steak with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Carve steak crosswise into thin slices.
Share this Recipe