- 4 large baking potatoes (approx.3-1/2lbs.)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt divided
- 3/4 tsp pepper divided
- 1/4 cup butter cubed
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded Cheddar cheese divided
- 6 bacon strips cooked and crumbled, divided
- 2 green onions sliced, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Scrub potatoes and pierce several times with a fork.
- Brush potatoes with oil; and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Microwave until potatoes are soft (approx. 5–10 minutes).
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in whipping cream and 1/4 cup sour cream.
- Add 1-1/2 cups of cheese; stir until melted.
- Remove cheese mixture from heat and cover to keep warm.
- When potatoes are cool, cut into 1- inch pieces.
- Put potatoes in a large bowl; add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and cheese mixture. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese, bacon, and green onions.
- Bake for approx. 30–35 minutes or until heated through and lightly brown.
Share this Recipe