- Nonstick cooking/baking spray
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1-1/2 cups macadamia nuts coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut, chopped
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. In a heavy-bottomed 3-quart saucepan, mix sugar and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat and stir occasionally until temperature reaches 275 degrees on a candy thermometer (approx. 10 minutes). Stir in the chopped nuts; continue cooking and stirring occasionally for 5–7 minutes until the temperature reaches 305 degrees (hard crack stage). Remove from heat.
- Quickly stir in the extracts, baking soda, and coconut. Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet, spreading it out to the edges with a greased wooden spoon or spatula. Cool completely. Loosen from baking sheet and break into pieces. Store in an airtight container for 2–3 weeks.
Recipe courtesy of Romayne Lindstrom, Iola, WI.
Share this Recipe