- 2 cups hoisin sauce
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3 Tbsp fresh ginger root grated
- 3 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 racks racks pork back ribs 2-1/2 to 3 lb each, cut into 3- or 4-rib sections
- 3 scallions green only, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 tsp sesame seeds toasted
- In a medium bowl, combine hoisin sauce, pineapple juice, ginger, and sesame oil.
- Arrange the ribs in a slow cooker and pour half the sauce mixture over the ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 5–6 hours or on high for 3-1/2 to 4 hours, until the ribs are very tender.
- Set the remaining sauce aside in the refrigerator. Approx. 30 minutes before ribs are cooked, remove sauce from the refrigerator and bring it to room temperature.
- Arrange the ribs on plates or a platter and brush both sides with some of the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds.
- Serve with remainder of the sauce.
Share this Recipe