- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes with basil and herbs
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 10 oz bag refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the Italian sausage.
- Stir in the onion powder, garlic powder, tomatoes with its juices, and chicken broth. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stir in the tortellini and let boil for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and heavy cream.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Recipe and photo reprinted with permission from the Iowa Pork Producers Association (www.iowapork.org).
Share this Recipe