- 4 eggs beaten
- 3 Tbsp butter divided
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tsp garlic cloves minced (or 1 tsp bottled minced garlic)
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 3 cups Cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions green and white parts total
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds optional*
- Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and hot sauce in a small bowl, stir until well blended, and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add the eggs, cook approx. 1–2 minutes or until just set, place on a separate plate, and roughly chop.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add 1 tablespoon butter, onions, and red bell pepper. Cook 3 minutes or until onions are soft, stirring frequently. Stir in the garlic and ginger until blended. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter, rice, green onions, spinach, cabbage, and reserved chopped egg. Cook approx. 1–2 minutes or until heated through and spinach is slightly wilted, stirring constantly using two utensils as you would a stir-fry.
- Remove from heat, stir the soy sauce mixture, and drizzle evenly over all. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired. Serve immediately for peak flavors and texture. Makes 6 cups rice mixture plus 1/3 cup sauce total.
Recipe and photo courtesy of USA Rice.
Share this Recipe