|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
- 2 cups baking potatoes peeled, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup ﬂour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- Place potatoes and onions in a strainer and press to extract moisture.
- In a large bowl combine potatoes, onions, and egg. Gradually stir in the flour and baking powder, season with salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Heat 1/4 inch oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Using approx. 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, add batter to hot oil, being careful not to crowd the pan. Fry until golden brown, turning once.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- May be frozen for later use and warmed in the microwave.
Recipe courtesy of George Stone, Colfax, WI.
Share this Recipe