- 1 28 oz jar spaghetti sauce divided
- 1 egg
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, egg, bread crumbs, onion, red pepper, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. Place in a single layer in an ungreased 15-x10-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, turning once; drain.
- Transfer to a large saucepan; add remaining spaghetti sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Shirley Lewis, Madison, WI.
Share this Recipe