- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1-1/2 sticks)
- 1 (12 oz) jar peach preserves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 9-x9x-2-inch square baking pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, rind, nutmeg, and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1 cup.
- Pat remaining mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- Spread preserves evenly over top of dough in pan, leaving 1/4-inch border around edge.
- Sprinkle with reserved flour mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into 12 bars.
Recipe courtesy of Lavaughn Buehl, Janesville, WI.
Share this Recipe