- 1 lb ground beef cooked
- 1 1 oz pkg taco seasoning
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce torn into pieces
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive or canola oil
- 1 16 oz pkg grated Mexican cheese blend
- 1 12 oz jar salsa
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 1 15 oz can corn niblets
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 6.5 oz can sliced black olives optional
- Brown the ground beef; drain. Add package of taco seasoning and mix.
- Toss torn lettuce in a large bowl with vinegar and oil. Create 4 servings of lettuce in bowls.
- While still hot, place 1/4 of cooked ground beef on top of each lettuce bed.
- Sprinkle a handful of grated cheese on top of each meat serving and allow to melt.
- Add two tablespoons of salsa, 1/4 cup black beans, and 1/4 cup corn niblets to each serving.
- Place dollops of sour cream on top and add black olives.
Notes: May serve with extra salsa, cheese, sour cream, and corn tortilla chips, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Carol Klotz, Lombard, IL.
Share this Recipe