- 1 lb cremini or button mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small shallot minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves removed from stems and minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed black peppercorns
- Rinse and remove the stems from the mushrooms. Bring a small pot of water to a boil, add the mushrooms, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Drain and rinse mushrooms with cold water. Set on a towel to dry.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the extra virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice and zest, garlic, shallot, thyme, salt, and pepper. Add in the mushrooms. Place in a sealed container in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve alone with marinade or with other antipasti.
Recipe and photo courtesy of The Mushroom Council via Shaina of the ‘Food for My Family’ blog.
Share this Recipe