- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1-3/4 cups Parmesan cheese shredded, divided
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Nonstick vegetable spray
- 1/2 cup prepared basil pesto sauce; divided
- 4 oz goat cheese crumbled, divided
- 10 oz roasted red peppers drained, patted dry, and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 7-inch diameter soufflé dish or springform pan with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Combine rice, 1-1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Place half of rice mixture in the bottom of the prepared dish; pat down well. Spread half of the pesto evenly over rice and sprinkle with half of the goat cheese. Layer half of the red peppers over goat cheese. Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese over top. Bake 12–15 minutes in preheated oven. Cut into wedges to serve.
Recipe and photo courtesy of USA Rice.
Share this Recipe