- 1 lb ground Italian sausage pork, or beef
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1 16 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 6 oz cans tomato paste
- 2 12 oz cartons lasagna noodles
- 3 cups cottage cheese
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese thinly sliced
- Brown ground meat of choice, spoon off fat, and add the next six ingredients to the meat. Simmer uncovered until thickened (approx. 45–60 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Cook noodles in boiling water until tender.
- In a bowl, combine cottage cheese with eggs, salt, pepper, parsley, and parmesan cheese.
- Place 4 noodles in the bottom of a 9-x13-inch casserole pan, layering with cottage cheese mixture, half of the meat, and half of the mozzarella. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let stand for 10–15 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Romayne Lindstrom, Iola, WI.
Share this Recipe