- 2 cups kale leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup basil leaves lightly packed
- 8 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 4 Tbsp Parmesan cheese freshly grated, divided
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 8 oz white button mushrooms chopped
- 3 medium zucchini cut into zoodles
- Place kale, basil, and 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a small food processor.
- Pulse for 10-second intervals, until all ingredients are combined and kale is finely chopped.
- Add 2 additional tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, pine nuts, and salt.
- Pulse for 10-second intervals, until all ingredients are finely chopped and transformed into a thick dressing.
- In a deep, skillet heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes, until they begin to soften.
- Add zoodles and cook 2–3 minutes more, until they become tender.
- Pour in pesto mix and cook for 1 additional minute, to heat all ingredients.
- Garnish with remaining 2 tablespoons of parmesan and season with additional salt to taste before serving.
Share this Recipe