- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 small red potatoes skin-on and diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp fresh thyme finely chopped, plus additional for topping
- 1 tsp fresh oregano finely chopped, plus additional for topping
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 slices low-sodium turkey bacon cooked near crispy
- 1/4 cup finely grated reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter then add potatoes, bell peppers, garlic, thyme, and oregano, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Sprinkle flour over potato mixture and stir to coat.
- Gradually stir in milk until sauce forms.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in slices of turkey bacon.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and cover, allowing cheese to melt (approx. 1–2 minutes).
- Uncover and top with additional herbs before serving, if desired.
Share this Recipe