- 1 (approx. 1 lb) boneless beef top sirloin steak cut 3/4-inch thick
- 1 medium red onion cut into 12 pieces
- 1/2 cup fig preserves chopped
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Soak four 10-inch bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes; drain.
- Cut beef steak into sixteen 1-1/4-inch pieces.
- Alternately thread beef and onion pieces evenly onto skewers and set aside.
- Combine preserves, vinegar, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; reserve 1/4 cup for dipping.
- Brush kabobs with some of the remaining sauce.
- Place kabobs on grill over medium heat.
- Grill covered for 7–11 minutes on medium heat; cook to 145 degrees, for medium rare or 160 degrees for medium doneness; turning and basting with sauce every 2 minutes.
- Season kabobs with salt, as desired.
- Serve with reserved sauce for dipping.
Share this Recipe