- 1-1/2 lbs fish fillets (catfish, snapper, flounder, or fish of choice)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 8 Tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Wash fish fillets under cold running water and place in a bowl with milk, Tabasco, and salt. Allow them to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Just before cooking, drain fillets and dredge in the cornmeal.
- Heat 2 tablespoons each of butter and vegetable oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Fry cornmeal-covered fillets until crispy and brown (approx. 2 minutes on each side). Remove from pan with slotted spatula and drain on paper towels. Repeat until all fish is fried. Keep warm.
- Drain the skillet and add remaining butter. Place over medium heat and when melted, add pecans. Stir constantly while pecans brown.
- Add parsley and lemon juice; stir.
- Pour sauce over fillets and serve immediately.
Recipe and photo courtesy of The National Pecan Shellers Association, www.ilovepecans.org.
Share this Recipe