- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 4-x1-x3/4-inch strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp Butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsp shallots finely diced
- 1/2 cup carrots peeled and cut into 2-x1/8-x1/8-inch strips
- 2 Tbsp diced chives for garnish if desired
- Stir cranberry juice, cranberries, ginger, and garlic in a large bowl until blended. Add chicken, cover, and marinate in refrigerator for 1–2 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade; reserve marinade. Add salt and pepper to chicken, to taste.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add shallots and sauté over medium heat until transparent. Add reserved marinade, bring to a boil, uncovered. Decrease heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until reduced in half. Add carrots during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Grill chicken over medium-high heat, 4–5 minutes per side, until juices run clear when pierced with fork or chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Place three pieces of chicken on each plate; spoon marinade over chicken. Garnish with chives, if desired. Serve with seasonal vegetables.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Wisconsin State Cranberry Growers Association.
Share this Recipe