- 2-1/2 cups sliced peeled apples
- 2-1/2 cups sliced peeled pears
- 1-to 1-1/4 cups sugar (to taste)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries thawed
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbsp quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 Tbsp red-hot candies
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 3 Tbsp butter
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full rolling boil, about 18 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a greased, 2-quart baking dish; dot with butter.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in milk till a soft dough forms adding water as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Drop topping by heaping tablespoons onto hot fruit.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30–35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with fresh, cold milk or vanilla ice cream.
Recipe courtesy of Laura Brubacher, Withee, WI.
Share this Recipe