- 1 tsp, plus 3/4 cup butter cubed
- 45 club crackers (butter crackers)
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a 9-inch square pan with foil. Grease foil with 1 tsp butter. Arrange single layer of crackers in bottom of pan.
- In a saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, corn syrup, and remaining butter. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to maintain a low boil for about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and evenly spread 1/3 of the mixture over crackers in pan. Repeat the cracker and caramel layers twice. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over the top, allowing to melt approximately 3–5 minutes or until glossy. Spread chocolate over the top.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chocolate has set. Lift out of pan using foil and cut into bars.
Recipe courtesy of Lavaughn Buehl, Janesville, WI.
Share this Recipe