- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 12 oz package brown rice spaghetti or wheat
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup oat or almond flour or wheat
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Juice of 2 lemons plus a few slices for garnish
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Place a shallow baking pan in oven to use for keeping chicken breasts warm.
- Tenderize chicken breasts by pounding until approx. 1/2-inch thick.
- Boil water and cook spaghetti according to directions and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add salt and pepper to flour, dredge chicken breasts, and place in skillet with oil. Cook 4–5 minutes each side until cooked through and golden brown.
- Transfer to warming pan in oven.
- Add shallot to the same frying pan and sauté for approx. 2 minutes. Add broth and deglaze any particles sticking to bottom of pan. Stir in lemon juice, coconut milk, and capers. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes to create a sauce.
- To serve, divide spaghetti among 4 plates. Top each with a chicken breast. Cover with sauce and garnish with lemon slices and parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Carol Klotz, Lombard, Ill. (Bayfield co-op member)
Share this Recipe