- 1 lb boneless pork loin roast cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 12 oz andouille sausage cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups rice medium-grain
- 2 yellow onions chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- Mix all ingredients except green onions in a 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5–6 hours. Watch carefully during the last 1 hour of cooking to prevent rice from overcooking. Just before serving, check seasoning and add green onions.
Recipes and photos courtesy of the National Pork Board.
Share this Recipe