- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 4 skinless boneless
- chicken breasts
- 8 thin slices provolone cheese
- 32 fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place frozen blueberries in a colander over a bowl or sink; let juices drain.
- Halve the chicken breasts horizontally, keeping the long side attached.
- Open the halves like a book and pound breasts until 1/4-inch thick.
- Season all sides with salt and pepper.
- Place each chicken breast on a work surface, cut side up.
- Add about 1/4 cup blueberries on top of chicken, top with 2 slices provolone and basil leaves; maintaining a 1-inch border on the chicken.
- Roll the chicken breasts up lengthwise and tie with kitchen twine.
- Repeat with remaining chicken breasts. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and oil in a large ovenproof skillet.
- Add the stuffed chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 8–10 minutes.
- Transfer to oven and bake until a thermometer placed in the middle reads 165 degrees, about 7–8 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to plates and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is resting, scrape any melted cheese from the skillet and discard.
- Set the skillet over medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon butter.
- Add mushrooms and cook, turning occasionally until mushrooms are golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the white wine and cook for about 60 seconds.
- Add broth and vinegar and simmer until liquid is thickened and reduced, about 10–12 minutes.
- Stir in remaining tablespoon butter and herbs.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut off and discard twine.
- Cut chicken into slices and drizzle mushroom sauce over top and serve
Share this Recipe