- 6 large eggs yolks and whites separated
- 6 sheets fresh lasagna noodles
- 5 oz fat-free ricotta cheese drained
- 1/4 cup basil chopped, divided
- 2 Tbsp pecorino cheese grated and divided
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Roma tomatoes diced
- Using a 4-inch biscuit cutter, cut 12 pasta disks and keep moist under wet towel.
- Mix together ricotta cheese, 2 tablespoons of basil, and 1 tablespoon of Pecorino cheese.
- Place 6 pasta disks on a board. Fill a tablespoon with ricotta mixture and place in middle of disks, leaving room around the edges to seal the ravioli. Make a deep “nest” in the middle of the mixture to hold the egg yolk.
- Gently place an egg yolk into each ricotta nest. Brush egg white around the edges of the bottom pasta disk and cover with another pasta disk. Use a fork to crimp the edges of the disk, making sure it is sealed. Be careful not to break the egg yolk.
- Fill a low sauté pan with just enough water to cover the ravioli and bring to a simmer. Gently place ravioli in the pan using a slotted spoon and cook for about 1 minute. Remove carefully and set on a plate.
- In a small sauce pan heat olive oil, tomatoes, and remaining basil until just hot. Drizzle tomato-olive oil mixture over ravioli, sprinkle with remaining pecorino, and serve immediately.
NOTE: Fresh, ready-to-use lasagna noodles work best in this recipe.
Photo and recipe complements of Incredible Egg.
Share this Recipe