- 1 lb ground beef 90% to 95% lean
- 8 oz assorted fresh wild mushrooms (such as cremini, shiitake, and oyster) or button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 5 to 6 oz pkg wild rice mix with seasonings
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes not packed in oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef and mushrooms; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove drippings. Stir in rice, contents of seasoning packet, and tomatoes. Spoon beef mixture into 2-quart baking dish. Stir in water amount indicated in rice package directions, plus 1/2 cup additional water. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until water is absorbed. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese. Continue baking, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160 degrees. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
Recipe and photo courtesy of The Wisconsin Beef Council.
Share this Recipe