- 3 cups uncooked bow-tie pasta
- 1 lb fresh asparagus cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb ground beef 93% lean or leaner
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallots (approx. 2 large)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese for garnish optional
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water 10 minutes or until almost tender. Add asparagus; continue cooking 3–4 minutes or until pasta and asparagus are tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef; cook 8–10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; pour off drippings. Heat olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat until hot. Add shallots and garlic; cook 3–4 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add beef; toss to mix. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Combine beef mixture with pasta and asparagus in a large bowl; toss well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Recipe and photo courtesy of The Wisconsin Beef Council.
Share this Recipe