- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 orange zest and juice reserved
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger peeled and minced fine
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 chili pepper seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 head Napa cabbage cored and washed (approx. 8 cups)
- 2 oranges peeled and segmented, all pith and membrane removed
- 1 red pepper seeds and stems removed, cut into slivers
- 1 cup macadamia nuts toasted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 firm but ripe avocados halved and diced
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl until well blended.
- Separate, roll, and cut cabbage leaves across the roll into thin strips. Toss the orange segments, red pepper, macadamia nuts, and cilantro leaves with the cabbage. Pour the honey-ginger vinaigrette over the cabbage mixture and toss to combine. Next fold the diced avocados into the rest of the ingredients, taking care not to break up the avocados. Serve immediately.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the National Honey Board.
Share this Recipe