- 2 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 large green pepper diced
- 1/2 large red pepper diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- Approx. 10 large white button mushrooms sliced
- 6 pieces lean pork chops or pork steaks cut into bite-size pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 24 oz jar spaghetti sauce or your own homemade sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp ground oregano
- 1/2 Tbsp ground basil
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cooked spaghetti noodles or rice
- Sauté the onion, peppers, celery, and mushrooms in a tablespoon of olive oil until slightly soft. Remove from heat and transfer to a 5-quart casserole dish.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the same pan and add the pork pieces with a little salt and pepper, and coat the pork with paprika as you fry it. Cook until no longer pink in the center.
- Add the cooked pork pieces to the casserole dish and mix with the vegetables.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, oregano, basil, and thyme. Cover the mixture with parmesan cheese and bake covered for 45 minutes.
- Serve over spaghetti or rice.
Recipe courtesy of Kathy Malczewski, Oconto, WI.
Share this Recipe